Achieving the form you desire.
We offer a wide variety of plastic surgery and treatments to help you achieve the form and look you desire.
This encompasses a comprehensive range of services including:
Breast Enhancement: Augmentation, Lifts, Reductions, Rejuvenation
Body Contouring: Tummy Tucks, Liposuction, Fat Grafting
Laser Treatment: Scars Management, Pigmentation Management, Skin Rejuvenation
Led by Dr. Woo, our clinic offers intricate expertise in breast surgical techniques, providing you with a holistic and rich perspective on the restoration, augmentation, and reshaping of the breast.
Over the years, we have done revisionary breast surgeries for patients, helping them improve on the aesthetic outcomes of previous surgical operations performed elsewhere.
With Dr. Woo’s tenure at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, we are proud to say that we provide the Mummy Makeover treatment – a combination of procedures featuring breast enhancement and stretch mark treatments which are designed to restore and rejuvenate a woman’s body after childbirth.
According to a 2015 survey conducted by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), breast augmentation is the No. 1 breast procedure performed by plastic surgeons worldwide.
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure where the breast is made larger and/or fuller with the use of an implant or through the transfer of fat from other parts of the body.
Led Dr. Evan Woo, our clinic provides a comprehensive, end-to- end service for all breast-related procedures, chief of which are beauty concerns. This is where breast augmentation procedures fall under. On the other end of the spectrum are breast disease treatments like breast lumps and breast cancer.
Currently, breast fillers are not in use in Singapore as there are no HSA-approved fillers. With too many complications such as infections and encapsulation being reported, breast fillers are not available at this moment.
If you’re looking for other kinds of procedures, we also specialise in aesthetic enhancements to the breast such as breast lifting and tightening, as well as breast reduction.
Breast augmentations are elective surgeries that often have a quick recovery time.
Most women typically choose to get breast augmentations to improve their self-image and to add contour to their bodies, but beauty isn't always the only reason.
Many women choose breast augmentation:
- To correct breast asymmetry, i.e. when one breast is smaller than the other.
- To address post-pregnancy loss of volume and/or droopy breasts.
- To reconstruct their breast after having breast surgery for cancer or other conditions.
Safer and natural
We are seeing a rising trend in the number of women opting for breast augmentation every year.
That has led, in part, to breast implant manufacturers investing heavily in research and development to produce implants which are not only safer, but provide a more natural feel. One of the leading brands in recent years has been Motiva breast implants
Motiva implants provide optimal shape retention and natural feel, thanks to the ultra soft filling cohesive gel. The gel feels fluid but does not leak out of the implant shell when ruptured. The implant shells are nano-textured. Lately, several studies have shown that aggressive textures, which are typically obtained with such materials, have secondary effects (1, 2) such as delayed seroma or ALCL (Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma - Please take some time to read more about this condition here )
Here are some additional points about Motiva silicone breast implants:
- Being a premium brand of breast implants, In Singapore, Motiva is only supplied to a select few clinics. The intent was to identify leading plastic surgeons with a suitable level of skill and experience.
- Overall, there are more than 500 Motiva implants to choose from based on different specifications (e.g. Mini, Demi, Full and Corsé). Both the patient and the doctor can select the best implants that will meet the patient’s specific needs.
- Motiva implants come with the exclusive Q Inside Safety Technology™, which is a small micro-transponder that contains the implant data such as serial number, manufacturer name, manufacturing date, etc. This allows patients and doctors to identify and monitor the implant from outside of the body.
Motiva - Premium Breast Implants
Motiva is a premium brand of breast implants, which has enjoyed much acclaim within the industry in recent years. Motiva silicone breast implants are medical grade, long-term implantable silicones and have undergone extensive chemical, physical and biological testing, filed with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Dr Evan often does incisions under 3 cm with Motiva premium implants. The superb elasticity and fineness of the implants offer smaller incisions and the ease of insertion, making them a popular choice amongst experienced plastic surgeons.
In Singapore, breast fillers are not part of the approved methods for breast augmentation.
For those interested in a less invasive way of enhancing the breast we suggest you to read the section on Fat Grafting to the breasts and Hybrid augmentation.
We believe fat grafting to be the gold standard procedure for those looking for modest increases in breast size – an increment of up to one cup size in one surgery is a reasonable expectation.
Fat grafting is also rather versatile procedure, and would be perfect for those who are looking for a bit of contouring, i.e. trimming of the tummy or thighs.
One of the benefits of fat grafting is a lasting physiological increase in size. This means that your breast will increase proportionately to your weight.
Most patients have a misconception that the fats will disappear after a prolonged period of time. However, about 50-70% of the grafted fat will survive and remain permanently.
This misconception is most likely due to experiencing gross reduction after the initial post-op swelling and partial resorption. You can be at ease as we will provide before & after photos in the clinic for your reference.
The two most common implant shapes available are round and teardrop.
Both round and teardrop implants can look natural. In our experience, preferences for either shape are highly subjective as they each offer their own individual beauty and appeal.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION?
As with any surgical procedure, there are certain conditions and situations where someone may not be eligible. Most people are suitable for breast implants, but there are a few conditions that may prevent them from getting the procedure done. This include, but are not limited to:
- Active breast infections
- Women undergoing radiation
- Women sensitive to silicone
- Presence of certain medical conditions
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF INCISIONS?
- Periareolar Incision: An incision is made along the outline of the areola, the coloured area around the nipple.
- Transaxillary Incision: An incision is made in the armpit. The implant is inserted into this incision from the armpit and slid into the breast, positioned right behind the nipple.
- Inframammary Incision: An incision is made at the bottom of the breast, particularly at the crease between the breast and the skin. This is a popular incision because it allows for good visibility and placement of the implant with a lower risk of contamination.
- Transumbilical Breast Augmentation (TUBA) Incision: An incision is made on the rim of the navel, creating a tunnel of fatty tissue beneath the skin. The implant is guided from the navel to the breast with the use of an endoscope.
Get a consultation
Call us at (65) 6734 1213 or click to leave us a messageContact us